The Wedding Plan
Now that you have decided to get married, here is a flow of event to help you plan your wedding.
* Fix the engagement day, and announce the celebration to close relatives and friends.
* Buy the engagement dress and rings.
* Set a date for the wedding.
* Meet the Parish Priest of both yours parishes and announce your intentions.
* Complete all the pre-marital formalities including the marriage preparation course.
Phase 1: Obtaining a fresh Baptism certificate (at least 6 months old) from the parish where you were baptized. Some parishes may also ask for a Confirmation certificate which will be available at the parish where you were Confirmed.
Phase 2: The candidates are then required to complete a compulsory marriage preparation course 6 months before the wedding. The duration of the courses vary from 1 to 3 days to suit your needs.
Phase 3: The to-be bride fills in the pre-nuptial enquiry form (Private and confidential) at her parish. She takes an oath on the holy Bible to answer in good faith, whilst the groom fills in the pre-nuptial enquiry form (Private and confidential) at his parish. He too takes an oath on the holy Bible to answer in good faith. The candidates then take their Baptism certificates and the marriage preparation course certificate to the parish where they have decided to get married. The to-be brides parish priest then corresponds with the to-be grooms parish priest and a confirmation is made in both the parishes.
Phase 5: After the nuptials the couple signs on the marriage register as man and wife. One copy of the certificate is sent to the Registrars office. The formalities have now been completed. The couple can spend the rest of their lives celebrating their union.
* Discuss and decide the style, formality, size and budget of the wedding with your parents.
* Book the reception venue, caterer, band, video/photographer, compere, florist, decorator, thermocole decorator, choir printer etc.
* Draw up a preliminary invitation list.
* Choose and ask your attendants.
* Start planning for your honeymoon. If you are planning to go to a foreign country, then check if you need to get your passport / visa / immigration done.
* Start looking for your gown/dress maker and tailor.
* Look for a toast master.