The Wedding Plan
Not later than 3 months before the wedding
* Order the invitation cards and edit your guest list.
* Choose your florist and discuss your preferences
* Order your gown/suit and other accessories.
* Make transport arrangements for the guests, if necessary.
Not later than two months
* Agree on the menu with the caterer
* Prepare your trousseau.
* Select the wedding rings.
* Send out invitations and draw up a list of preferred wedding gifts.
* Book suitable transport (Bus, Cars etc.)
* Consult your Parish Priest to discuss the liturgy and prepare booklets, if required.
Not later than four weeks
* Meet the band leader/ D.J. and discuss the choice of music, bridal special etc.
* Meet the compere and discuss details of the reception.
* Make your wedding day appointment with the hair dresser.
* Have a final dress/suit fitting.
* Buy gifts if required for your Bachelor/Spinster party and ‘Roce’ party. Invite your guests accordingly.
Not later two weeks
* Confirm the arrangements you have made with the caterer, band, compere, transport, photographer, videographer, choir, hairdresser, beautician & travel agent (for your honeymoon).
* Try out your wedding dress with all accessories.
* Pick up your wedding rings
* Appoint people for the liturgical reading at the nuptials.
Not later than one week
* Contact all guests and request them to arrive on time.
* Give the final number to your caterer.
* Place all outstanding dues to the choir, compere, caterer, band etc. in individually marked and sealed envelopes.
* Hand these envelopes to the Bestman for disbursement on the wedding day.
* Pack for your honeymoon.
The Day before
* Keep your outfits, accessories and wedding rings ready.
* Delegate responsibilities for the wedding day i.e. appoint people to decorate the hall, car & church, to distribute mass booklets (if any) to arrange for offering gifts and other symbols.
* If you are leaving for your honeymoon directly from the venue, then arrange for the luggage to be delivered at the venue.
End all celebrations early and get a good night's sleep.